Effective December 3, NetApp adopts Microsoft’s Business-to-Customer (B2C) identity management to simplify and provide secure access to NetApp resources.
For accounts that did not pre-register (prior to Dec 3), access to your NetApp data may take up to 1 hour as your legacy NSS ID is synchronized to the new B2C identity.
To learn more, read the FAQ and watch the video.
Need assistance? Complete this form and select “Registration Issue” as the Feedback Category.

Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

How to set hyper-v cluster in Oncommand

gregbauduin

Hi everyone,

I would like to know how to integrate Hyper-V in my Oncommand console.

So I've Oncommand Installed on SERVER-A.

Servers HYP1, HYP2, HYP3 are a cluster of HYper-V servers.

I 've installed Snapdrive on the 3 servers.

If I install the on command host software, it is successful but during installation it asks me for Vcenter credential??? I checked, and it seems that there is only one distribution for the on command host program...

But the installation goes thru and in OnCommand I can see my Hyper-V node. But it is not "associated". If I try to assiociate it with my storage controllers, it asks me for Vcenter credentials...... 

What am I missing?

Should I uninstall SnapDrive?

I've red that it is not supported to have both host program and snap manager for hyper-V, is it true?

So finally I can't see Vms or servers or cluster in my Servers tab in oncommand....

Thanks for your help

Greg

2 REPLIES 2

kjag

Hyper-V support is not there for Host Package 1.1.

All the hyper-V related contents in the OnCommand will be removed in the upcoming OnCommand release.

-KJag

arunchak

HI,

AFAIK, there is no Hyper-V support in OnCommand for now.

Did you install Host package on Hyper-V server? may be that is the reason you are able to see the HYP in OnCommand.

-Arun

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public