Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

Need help scripting

CASTROJSEC

I need some help coming up with the script to check these snapdive snapshots for ones older than 30 days and deleteing them.  I can't change naming conventions.  The naming convention is adding get-date -format yyyyMMddHHmmss to "windows-". Any thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

CASTROJSEC

Thanks Nick.  I did figure it out.  I'll post it soon.  I'm going to try what you have provided.  Looks good.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

NHANAS_RS

Not sure if you figured this out already but for anyone else... the lines below will get the current date, list volumes, filter out offline volumes and ignore read-only volumes, get each of their snapshots older than 30days where there is no dependency(clone, etc) on the volume and then finally remove the snapshots. Hope that helps.

$Now = get-date

get-navol | where-object {$_.State -eq "online" -and $_.raidstatus -notlike "*read-only"} | get-nasnapshot | where-object {$_.AccessTimeDT -le $Now.AddDays(-30) -and $_.Dependency -eq ""} | remove-nasnapshot

CASTROJSEC

Thanks Nick.  I did figure it out.  I'll post it soon.  I'm going to try what you have provided.  Looks good.

Public