Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

NetApp PowerShell Toolkit 9.7.1 released!

Kartik_Gupta

Dear PowerShell community,

We are glad to announce the release of  NetApp PowerShell Toolkit version 9.7.1  This unified release has fixes for issues (release notes, module version & missing html files) that were observed for ONTAP PowerShell module 9.7.

ONTAP PowerShell Module:
The latest release supports upto 2340 cmdlets and provides maximum API coverage for ONTAP 9.7 and is backward compatible with previous ONTAP releases.

SANtricity PowerShell Toolkit
The SANtricity PowerShell module supports more than 300 cmdlets, enabling the storage administration of NetApp E-Series storage systems and EF-Series all-flash arrays.

Download the NetApp PowerShell Toolkit 9.7.1 from  here

Regards,
NetApp PowerShell Toolkit Team

17 REPLIES 17

donny_lang

First off - a big thank you for the work on the PSTK, I use it heavily every day.

Is it possible to get some communication from the PSTK team on potential road map items we can look forward to in future versions of the Toolkit? 

1. Delivery of the various modules (ONTAP, E-Series, SnapCenter, etc.) via the PowerShell gallery to make them easier to install and update. 

2. Support for newer versions of PowerShell (in particular, PowerShell Core or the upcoming PowerShell 7) 

3. Public code repository and/or a platform for communicating when there are bugs in the module - I have identified several bugs in the 9.6/9.7 versions of the module and have not yet found a good way to actually share them with the PowerShell team. 

Thank you! 

Olofsn

Thank you for keeping up the good work with the toolkit - it has become essential to our work.

Now that Powershell 7 has just been released: do you plan on making the PSTK compatible with Powershell 7?

JRN

Hello,

Can i raise something quick?

I want to show/create/configure LIF service policies with allowed addresses for management-https and management-ssh.

With Get/Set-NCNetInterface it looks that is not possible.

Do you Know how that can be done?

CL for interface service police will be :

network interface service-policy show

network interface service-policy create

network interface service-policy add-service

network interface service-policy modify-service

heinrichsmit

Hello,

Does anybody have some instructions for how to upgrade from older version (4.6) to the latest version 9.7.1 ?

Thanks in advance

donny_lang

@heinrichsmit I've always just uninstalled the old version via Add/Remove Programs and then installed the newer version. 

heinrichsmit

Sorry for asking, relatively new to Powershell.

Will it pick up the scripts after uninstall and install?

donny_lang

No need to apologize, that's what we're here for! 

If you're referring to the cmdlets in the module itself, importing the module (Import-Module DataONTAP) after the 9.7 install will allow you to use them in your current PowerShell session. 

If you're referring to custom scripts/functions that you've written, they won't be affected by the uninstall/reinstall of the module. 

swejoos

@JRN   Did you find/got a solution for Adding & modifying "service-policy"  within the Powershell toolkit?

We are facing the same issue.

JRN

@

Jim_Robertson

Two years later and I stumbled on this thread.  Did anyone ever find a way to do this?  I'm now on Toolkit 9.8 (which appears to be the newest version), and I still don't see any way to do it from within that.

StevePutre
No we have not looked into service policies recently. We are still on v9.7.1 but I plan to evaluate a newer version of PSTK to help us get onto REST APIs.

Netapp has stated that any new OnTAP features will be offered only with REST API and not with ZAPI; so I would think its more likely to see a cmdlet for service policies in a more recent version of PSTK.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: If you have received this email in error,
please immediately notify the sender by e-mail at the address shown.
This email transmission may contain confidential information. This
information is intended only for the use of the individual(s) or entity to
whom it is intended even if addressed incorrectly. Please delete it from
your files if you are not the intended recipient. Thank you for your
compliance. Copyright (c) 2022 Cigna
==============================================================================

nzmarkc

I hesitate to post this here as it isn't a 'help' forum, but I cannot find any solutions elsewhere...

RE: NetApp PowerShell Toolkit Installation
-> On Windows 10 VM I have installed Powershell 7.0.1, NetApp_Powershell_Toolkit_9.7.1.0, and NetAppDocs.3.5.1
-> Cannot import-module NetAppDocs as it gives me the following message:
"Exception: Unable to load DataONTAP module. Reason: Could not load type 'System.Management.Automation.PSSnapIn' from assembly 'System.Management.Automation, Version=7.0.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'."
-> Can't find anything online for a direction to hunt.
Any suggestions? (and thank you in advance!)

Boffhead

Doesn't seem to be supported by Powershell 7 yet, I got the same error

netapple

Thanks for all your hard work at first.

Just wanted to let you know that there seems to be an issue with running the toolkit against ONTAP 9.6P9. Please see https://community.netapp.com/t5/ONTAP-Discussions/Powershell-Toolkit-quot-API-invoke-failed-quot-after-upgrade-to-ONTAP-9-6P9/m-p/158343/highlight/fal...

StevePutre

I am having similar issue- how can we manage LIF service policies using PSTK?

cdcoadmin

Hi, the workaround will be to use Invoke-NcSsh:

Invoke-NcSsh -Command "network interface service-policy create  -vserver svm1 -policy svm1_data_policy -services data-nfs,data-cifs -allowed-addresses 10.1.0.0/16"

Seth_Goodman

I believe Get-NCLunSignature has a bug as its output is no longer a GUID as that is the expected result per help file and history.

Public