Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

NetAppDocs breaks with ONTAP 9.1P2 ?

dsimeone

Has anyone else seen this? Toolkit worked fine against ONTAP 8.3.2P5, but breaks now after upgrade to 9.1P2:

(cluster name changed for privacy)

PS C:\Users\701494>
PS C:\Users\701494> Get-NtapClusterData -name 'clusterxxx' -Credential (Get-Credential admin) -Verbose
VERBOSE: Initializing function: Get-NtapClusterData (NetAppDocs v3.2.0.1759)
VERBOSE: Validating connectivity to system: clusterxxx
VERBOSE: Using supplied credentials
VERBOSE: Trying HTTP/HTTPS
VERBOSE: Connected to clusterxxx using HTTPS
VERBOSE: Skipping EMS logging

<clipped the bulk of verbose output>

VERBOSE: - Gathering debug information -

VERBOSE: Calling Invoke-NcSystemApi (set -privilege diagnostic -confirmations off; debug vreport show -instance
VERBOSE: - Getting current timestamp -
VERBOSE: - Identifying SystemName -
VERBOSE: - Identifying any errors during processing -
Format-NtapClusterData : Exception calling "Add" with "1" argument(s): "Column 'SwitchSerialNumber' does not allow
nulls."
At line:1 char:87
Get-NtapClusterData -name 'clusterxxx' -Credential (Get-Credential admin) -Verbose
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [Format-NtapClusterData], MethodInvocationException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : NoNullAllowedException,Format-NtapClusterData

PS C:\Users\701494>

6 REPLIES 6

cole

Hi David,

Is it possible to send me the raw output from this cluster? This isn't necessarily a 9.1P2 issue, other than the possibility of the property name being changed. The real issue is that this condition shouldn't produce a terminating error.  I will send you an email offline to discuss further.

Thanks,

Jason

dsimeone

Thanks for your prompt reply Jason! Per our email exchange, the latest pre-release of NetAppDocs you provided corrected the problem! All set!

-dave

fcardoso

Would you be kind enough to also provide it ?

Is the pre-relase compatible with 9.2 ?

Regards,

Francisco

cole

Hi Francisco,

I believe we are only a couple weeks away from being able to release the latest version to partners. This latest release is compatible with 9.2.

Thanks,

Jason

svanamburgh

Any updates or new versions?  I am running version 3.4.0 against a 2 node cluster running 9.3P2.

I am getting this error when running the script and then the script terminates:

VERBOSE: Formatting table: DebugVreport
Add-RowToDataTable : Exception calling "Add" with "1" argument(s): "Column 'Object' does not allow nulls."
At C:\Program Files (x86)\NetApp\NetAppDocs PowerShell Module\NetAppDocs\Public\Format-NtapClusterData.ps1:433 char:25
+ Add-RowToDataTable -DataTable ([ref]$dataSet.Tables[$tab ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [Add-RowToDataTable], MethodInvocationException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : NoNullAllowedException,Add-RowToDataTable

cole

Hi svanamburgh,

We are about ready to release a 3.5.0 version, however this error you are seeing is specific to the system you are pulling from. Would it be possible to get the raw data from the Get-NtapClusterData function for this system for troubleshooting?

Thanks,

Jason

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public