Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

New-Naigroup causes panic on 8.0.3 Sim

david_ovenden

Hi,

If you run New-NaIgroup and forget to put in the type it causes the 8.0.3 simulator to Panic.

e.g. if you run "New-NaIgroup igroupname -protocol iscsi".

Same happens on both of my Sims, haven't tried it on a filer for obvious reasons!  The command line equivalent comes back with the an error to say the type is required.

2 REPLIES 2

cknight

Thanks, David.  This was recently brought to our attention, and yes, real 8.x filers will panic, too.  New-NaIgroup in the forthcoming Toolkit release will set the igroup type to "windows" if not otherwise specified.

david_ovenden

Hi Clinton,

Thank you for the response.

Personally, I would prefer that the it either failed, or prompted for a response.  Failing would be consistent with the CLI, prompting would be slightly more useful as it wouldn't stop a whole script running just for a small omission.

We have a lot of different LUNs, VMware, Windows & Linux, so defaulting to Windows wouldn't be the correct response for more than 50% of our responses.

Not specific to Powershell, but one of biggest annoyances with NetApp user interfaces at the moment is the lack of consistency!  (e.g. useradmin user add  vs  CIFS shares -add!)

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public