Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

vfiler move

drpittman

I'm looking to create a powershell script that will allow for the moving of resources from one virtual filer to another virtual filer.  We are looking at a bubble network for business continuity and have most of the pieces of the puzzle completed.  I have scripts to create flexclones of our data sources.  Now I'm looking to write a script that will invoke the basic cli of vfiler move vfiler-from vfiler-to /vol/vol1.  Any help would be appreciated..

thanks

2 REPLIES 2

cknight

Have you looked at the vfiler migration cmdlets?

PS C:\> Get-NaHelp *VfilerMigrate

Name                                    Api                                     Category

----                                    ---                                     --------

Complete-NaVfilerMigrate                {vfiler-migrate-complete}               vfiler

Get-NaVfilerMigrate                     {vfiler-migrate-status}                 vfiler

Start-NaVfilerMigrate                   {vfiler-migrate-start}                  vfiler

Stop-NaVfilerMigrate                    {vfiler-migrate-cancel}                 vfiler

drpittman

Clinton,

Thanks for the info.  I did try these commands but this is more surronding the complete vfiler move and not move an individual volume.  I will continue my research.

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public