Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

New-NcAggr with partitioned and non-partitioned drives

drwoodberry

Alright guy, I need help again.

I have some systems that have a mix of partitioned and non-partitioned drives. I am trying to build aggregates and want to build one that uses the partitioned drives, and another that uses the non-partitioned drives. I currently do not have the shelf of non-partitioned drives just yet, but from what I am reading, the partitioned drives will show up as shared, and the non-partitioned drives will not. Currently in the system I am testing with, it has 24 1.8TB SAS drives, when I run Get-NcDisk, it returns a "Capacity" of 2TB. I was hoping the ADP drives would show up as a smaller size, but that does not seem to be the case. Is there an easy way to determine which are ADP drives and which are not so when I issue a command such as "$aggr = New-NcAggr -name $newAggr -Node $deploynode -DiskCount $x.diskCount -DiskSize $dsValue  -raidsize $x.raidSize -ErrorVariable aggrError -ErrorAction stop" it will use the proper drives? The values I pass are coming from a spreadsheet tthat contain items such as disksize, diskcount and raidsize.

Any help would be awesome...thank you. 

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public