Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

PSTK: Combine the output of Get-NcLunMap and Get-NcIgroup - custom object?

tyrone_owen_1

Hi,

So I want to combine the output from the following two cmdlets:

Get-NcLunMap | Select-Object Vserver,Path,InitiatorGroup,LunId
Get-NcIgroup | Select-Object InitiatorGroupAluaEnabled,InitiatorGroupOsType,InitiatorGroupType,Initiators

I've been looking at the Don Jones video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLUzPvA0HUo&t=42s, and I think I need to create a custom object. The cmdlets in the video return a single item, e.g. for a particular computer the Win32_OperatingSystem, however Get-NcLun/Igroup returns all of the LUNs/Igroups from a cluster.  I can see how the Don Jones example would work for a single item but I don't understand how to upscale that when there are multiple objects returned.

Also as an aside, is there any way I can get an online/offline status for initiators into my completed table?

As you can probably tell, I'm a novice, any thoughts please?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi:

Check the attached document. It includes example code.

Hope this help!

OntapLuninfo.ps1

vServer Lun ID IGROUP Name            IGROUP TYPE IGROUP TYPE OS IGROUP ALUA ENABLE Lun Path                              
------- ------ -----------            ----------- -------------- ------------------ --------                              
SAN          0 comp-01a               mixed       vmware                       True /vol/SERVER_DATASTORE/SERVER_DATASTORE

Initiator                                        Online
---------                                        ------
iqn.1998-01.com.vmware:comp-01a-62411b9cdd7438fb True  
iqn.1998-01.com.vmware:comp-02a-92411b9cdd7438fb False 
iqn.1998-01.com.vmware:comp-03a-42411b9cdd7438fb False 
iqn.1998-01.com.vmware:comp-04a-52411b9cdd7438fb False 

vServer Lun ID IGROUP Name            IGROUP TYPE IGROUP TYPE OS IGROUP ALUA ENABLE Lun Path                                         
------- ------ -----------            ----------- -------------- ------------------ --------                                         
SAN          2 comp-01a               mixed       vmware                       True /vol/SERVER_DATASTORE_VVOL_1/vvolPE-1614476525287

Jonathan Colón | Blog | Linkedin

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

tyrone_owen_1

So after a bit more research I came across this approach, however it still doesn't get me what I want:

function Get-CgiNcLunMapInfo ()
{

$lunmapinfo = Get-NcLunMap
    $igroupinfo = Get-NcIgroup

# Create custom object for $lunmapinfo
    # Empty array
    $lunmapinfoobjs = @()

# Loop to set up a single custom object
    foreach ($lun in $lunmapinfo) {

$props = @{ Vserver = $lun.Vserver
                    Path = $lun.Path
                    LunId = $lun.LunId
                    Igroup = $lun.InitiatorGroup
                    }

$lunmapinfoobj = New-Object -TypeName PSObject -Property $props

# Append to array
        $lunmapinfoobjs += $lunmapinfoobj

}

# Create custom object for $igroupinfo
    # Empty array
    $igroupinfoobjs = @()

# Loop to set up a single custom object
    foreach ($igroup in $igroupinfo) {

$props = @{ Igroup = $igroup.Name
                    Alua = $igroup.InitiatorGroupAluaEnabled
                    OsType = $igroup.InitiatorGroupOsType
                    GroupType = $igroup.InitiatorGroupType
                    Initiators = $igroup.Initiators 
                    }

$igroupinfoobj = New-Object -TypeName PSObject -Property $props

# Append to array
        $igroupinfoobjs += $igroupinfoobj

}

$props = @{ LunInfo = $lunmapinfoobjs
                IgroupInfo = $igroupinfoobjs
                }

$obj = New-Object -TypeName PSObject -Property $props

Write-Output $obj

}

The above script pushes the Get-NcLunMap objects/properties under the heading 'LunInfo' and the Get-NcIgroup objects/properties under the heading 'IgroupInfo', whereas I want to combine the properties into a single table, e.g.

Path,LunId,Igroup,Vserver,Alua,Igroup,OsType,GroupType,Initiators 

Thanks

Hi:

Check the attached document. It includes example code.

Hope this help!

OntapLuninfo.ps1

SAN          0 comp-01a               mixed       vmware                       True /vol/SERVER_DATASTORE/SERVER_DATASTORE

SAN          2 comp-01a               mixed       vmware                       True /vol/SERVER_DATASTORE_VVOL_1/vvolPE-1614476525287

View solution in original post

That's brilliant - thank you

I've played around with the script to try and get a single table as opposed to individual tables per LUN path, something like this:

SAN          0 comp-01a               mixed       vmware                       True /vol/SERVER_DATASTORE/SERVER_DATASTORE2

Can the script be tweaked to achieve this?

Thanks again

only need to change one line of the code. put a # in front of:

#Write-Output $initiatoronline

Thank again for your help

I thought that, but the output looks like this instead of consolidated under one heading:

SAN          0 comp-01a               mixed       vmware                       True /vol/SERVER_DATASTORE/SERVER_DATASTORE2

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public