Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

PowerShell Toolkit 4.1 Update

namratha_manjunath

PowerShell Toolkit 4.1 has updates for the SANtricity PowerShell module. This new update doubles the total number of Cmdlets that cover all aspects of managing and monitoring the E/EF platform. Create scripts that stand up development configurations and easily migrate data from development to test to production environments. For pre-existing workloads, the SANtricity PowerShell toolkit is designed to integrate into your existing enterprise monitoring scripts and applications. Easily troubleshoot volume and drive performance by collecting performance data, which can be stored in an Excel readable format and analyzed to find over and underperforming assets. Insight from the analysis can help you better understand your workloads and adjust the storage configuration to maximize your investment.

Check out the Support Site for more information and to read more about the key features of this update.

14 REPLIES 14

maxxoverclocker

I found a bug in the "Set-NaVolAutosize" module, the "-MinimumSize" flag actually is the Maximum AutoGrow size. For example, if you issue the following: 

Set-NaVolAutosize -Name test -MinimumSize 2g -MaximumSize 4g -IncrementSize 1g -GrowThresholdPercent 90 -ShrinkThresholdPercent 50 -EnableGrowShrink

The Autogrow maximum size gets set to 2g not 4g. Not sure where to report this bug. It exists in both versions I tested, 4.0.0 and 4.1.0.

rajeshr

@maxxoverclockerSorry about that. We've taken note of this and rest assured we will have this fixed in the next release.

mikesmit

What is the underlying "get-natoolkitversion" number? Please provide. Thanks. 

Mike Smith

mikesmit@netapp.com

rajeshr

It is Data ONTAP module 3.3 (same as in PowerShell Toolkit 4.0). In 4.1, Santricity module alone has got some updates.

I think we should document the individual toolkit version numbers in the download page collateral content and I'll take action to get this information there. Thanks for contacting!

mikesmit

Thank you.

Specifically I was looking for the entire output right now.

I have installed 4.1 version of Data ONTAP powershell toolkit

and the version that I see from "get-natoolkitversion" shows 3.3.0.65

PS C:\Users\miksmit2> Get-NaToolkitVersion

Major Minor Build Revision
----- ----- ----- --------
3 3 0 65

Please confirm that this 3.3.0.65 corresponds to version 4.1 of the msi.

One other suggestion: both pieces of information should be available in the "Add and remove programs" part of windows as well.

This will help to confirm successful installation of the latest toolkit. 

Thanks,

Mike Smith

maxxoverclocker

Yes, that's correct! 

ONTAP > get-natoolkitversion

Major Minor Build Revision
----- ----- ----- --------
3 3 0 65

JohnChampion

Does a table exist that shows the NetApp Toolkit version and corresponding ONTAP module version?

I believe it is this - but if there's a doc that shows the info I'd prefer to use that 😉

NPSTK                ONTAP Module (get-NaToolkitVersion)

--------                   ----------------------------------------------------

4.0                          3.3

4.1                          3.3

4.2                          4.0

4.3                          4.1

4.4                          4.2

Just a suggestion - but with the two numbers being so close - how about just making them match going forward 😉

Thanks!

DHARENKAMP

Hi, i´m trying to install the toolkit unattended but this doesn´t work.

I think it is because there is shown a Windows with Title "NetApp.Santricity - WebService Proxy Remote Access" and the installer waits for the "ok" button.

My command for installation is

msiexec /i c:\tmp\NetApp_PowerShell_Toolkit_4.1.0.msi /l* c:\tmp\PSToolkit.install_log.txt /qn ALLUSERS=1 REBOOT=ReallySuppress

I´ve also tried

msiexec /i c:\tmp\NetApp_PowerShell_Toolkit_4.1.0.msi /l* c:\tmp\PSToolkit.install_log.txt /qb-! ALLUSERS=1 REBOOT=ReallySuppress but nothing is working.

Is there a Property in the msi which suppresses the Popup?

Thanks in advance

Daniel

Todd01

Did you ever find an answer to this?  I'm having the same issue with 4.7.  This was was supposed to be a response to 

regarding the issue with silent installs 

DHARENKAMP

No. Had never a solution.... Sorry

clay_guthery

I am having trouble installing this Powershell Tookit 4.1 I receive the following message during install:

This application requires PowerShell 3.0 or above. Please install the required PowerShell version and then run this installer again.

I am running Windows 8.1 x64

PS C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0> $PSVersionTable.PSVersion

Major  Minor  Build  Revision
-----  -----  -----  --------
4      0      -1     -1     

I have checked HKLM\Software\Microsoft\PowerShell\3\Install is DWORD 1

The installer is an .msi so there is no run as administrator option. Any ideas I can try?

rajeshr

Select the installer along with Shift key to find "Run as administrator" option.

clay_guthery

Shift key  "Run as administrator" option is not available with .msi files (at least on Win8.1). I ended up opening a command prompt as admin and running the .msi from there to install.

masakik

Hi,

I have installed the PSTK 4.1 for my computer and check the release notes(show-nahelp - Release Notes), but only 3.3 updates was noted.

I think some fixes are contained in 4.1 release, can I confirm them?

Regards,

Masaki

Public