Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

Raid Group Info via PowerShell

SeanLuce

Is it possible to get detailed raid group info from the PowerShell Toolkit?

Something similar to "aggr status -r".

I want to be able to see how many raid groups, how many disks in each raid group, etc.

The end goal is to build a script that will report back on any aggregates with unbalanced raid groups.

Thank you,

Sean

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

vinith

Hello Sean,

You can use Get-NaDisk to get started with your script.

Here's an example below where i use the where-object to filter out disks which belong to a raidgroup and also use measure-object to count the number of disks in the raid group.

Get-NaDisk | select raidgroup,aggregate,name,shelf,bay,status,physicalspace,RPM,FW,model,pool | ?{$_.raidgroup -match "rg0"} | select name | Measure-Object

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

vinith

Hello Sean,

You can use Get-NaDisk to get started with your script.

Here's an example below where i use the where-object to filter out disks which belong to a raidgroup and also use measure-object to count the number of disks in the raid group.

Get-NaDisk | select raidgroup,aggregate,name,shelf,bay,status,physicalspace,RPM,FW,model,pool | ?{$_.raidgroup -match "rg0"} | select name | Measure-Object

View solution in original post

tomers

Hi Guys, 

Any idea how to do the same in cDot ?

SeanLuce

This is exactly what I was looking for.  Thank you!

CAMPBELLSI

Hi Sean,

The Get-NaAggr suite of commands might help obtain the information you are after.

Alternatively you may also use powershell to call an SSH utility (via a powershell function) to conenct to the storage controller and run the "aggr status -r command" which you could then output to a text file or into an array for manipulation.

Hope this helps.

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

Public