Vfilers are not supported in SMI-S Agent 4.1.
On the provisioning side, aggregates are added in SCVMM in defined specific service levels. When provisioning is performed by SCVMM,
LUNs are created in a choosen aggregate based on service level the aggregate belongs to.
- Does it involves a volume creation each time a lun is created ?
Yes. If you specfiy the volume name in the lun path, lun will be created in the specified volume.
- Which naming convention is enforced, for both LUN and volumes (or Qtree if any is created)?
lun<number> or vol<number>. number increases sequentially.
- What are the volume options used ? Is there a way to change them ?
We don't use any volume options.
- Can we use already defined volumes (I guess the answer is NO, since only aggregates are added to the service levels storage pools)
Yes. Specify the lun name as /vol/<vol_name>/<lun_name> to create the lun in the existing volume.
If you specify just the lun name without vol-name, we will create a new volume automatically.
- Does it works for Vfilers ? (again, I guess the answer is NO since Vfilers cannot create their own volumes).