Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

SNMPv3 with PowerShell Toolkit

mrblack

Hi Guys,

ONTAP Version 9.1PX

I'm attempting to create a general config script I can apply to new clusters once they hit the floor. One of these steps is to create a SNMPv3 account. From what I can find the only cmdlet we have right now is "new-ncuser". But it seems to lack all the arguments / variables to create an SNMPv3 account. I've written the below invoke-ncssh command. I know the below invoke command won't work do to multiple things, but I just wanted to throw out the direction I was heading. Does anyone know if new-ncuser has the ability to create SNMPv3 accounts? Or if I'm missing an obvious cmdlet that fills this function? I see when doing a help -full on "new-ncuser" within the -authmethod it states ['usm' and 'community' for 'snmp' application (when creating SNMPv3 users).] but its just not clear how to provide the needed info for AUTH and PRIV.

#Get the AUTH and PRIV for the SNMPv3 account
$SNMPAuth = (Get-Credential -Message "Provide the Authentication ( AUTH ) password for OpenNMS. This should be in the password safe.").Password
$SNMPPriv = (Get-Credential -Message "Provide the Privacy ( PRIV ) password for OpenNMS. This should be in the password safe.").password

#Creates the SNMPv3 account using the two provided passwords
Invoke-NcSsh -Command "security login create -user-or-group-name <SNMPAccountName> -application snmp -authentication-method usm -role readonly -is-ns-switch-group no -comment 'Account is for OpenNMS' -vserver $adminSvmString`n `n md5`n $SNMPAuth `n $SNMPAuth `n des `n $SNMPPriv `n $SNMPPriv `n "
0 REPLIES 0
Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public