Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

Set-NaCifsShareAcl/Remove-NaCifsShareAcl throwing up errors

raol

I see a peculiar issue. Please have a look at the code snippet that I have in my script to create vfilers... the code runs fine on 7.3x but throws up errors on 8.0.1 7-mode

Set-NaCifsShareAcl C$ $VFname\administrator  -AccessRights "Full Control"

Remove-NaCifsShareAcl vol0$ everyone

Here are the errors that I get on 8.0.1 7-mode

Set-NaCifsShareAcl : Unable to find API: cifs-share-ace-set

At C:\vFilerCreate\vFilerCreate.ps1:109 char:20

+     Set-NaCifsShareAcl <<<<  C$ $VFname\administrator  -AccessRights "Full Control"

+ CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (10.42.29.88:NaController) [Set-NaCifsShareAcl], EAPINOTFOUND

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : ApiException,DataONTAP.PowerShell.SDK.Cmdlets.Cifs.SetNaCifsShareAcl

Remove-NaCifsShareAcl : Unable to find API: cifs-share-ace-delete

At C:\vFilerCreate\vFilerCreate.ps1:110 char:23

+     Remove-NaCifsShareAcl <<<<  vol0$ everyone

+ CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (10.42.29.88:NaController) [Remove-NaCifsShareAcl], EAPINOTFOUND

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : ApiException,DataONTAP.PowerShell.SDK.Cmdlets.Cifs.RemoveNaCifsShareAcl

If someone has any insight into this I'd appreciate it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another peculiar issues is the error I get when I set the following option (real IPs masked below)...

Set-NaOption  cifs.wins_servers "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx,yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy"

it gives me the following error but it does set the option successfully...

Set-NaOption : Option is not visible: cifs.wins_servers

At C:\vFilerCreate\vFilerCreate.ps1:120 char:14

+     Set-NaOption <<<<   cifs.wins_servers "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx,yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy"

+ CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (10.42.29.88:NaController) [Set-NaOption], EONTAPI_ENOENT

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : ApiException,DataONTAP.PowerShell.SDK.Cmdlets.Options.SetNaOption

If someone has any insight into this I'd appreciate it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks

Mayur

3 REPLIES 3

cknight

Hello, Mayur.  The CIFS share ACL APIs are not available in 8.0.x, but they are in 8.1.  I believe the cifs.wins_servers issue is a Data ONTAP bug.  As long as it is setting the option, you may wish to ignore the error by appending '-ErrorAction SilentlyContinue'.

raol

Clinton,

Thank you for the quick response...

In that case... what are my options for working with ACLs on 8.0.x ?

I find it puzzling that I have that functionality in 7.3x but lose that in a newer version of OnTAP 😞

Yes, I did set the option of 'ErrorAction' for wins servers... Thank You

Mayur

sizemore

Hey Mayur,

Unfortunatly you've run into one of the inconsistencies between Data ONTAP 8.x 7-Mode and Data ONTAP 7.3.x.  Until the cifs-share-ace-* API's are implemented in 8.x  7-mode, you'll have to use cli commands and the Invoke-NaSSH cmdlet to manipulate Cifs ACL's.

Public