Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

Set-NaCifsShareAcl/Remove-NaCifsShareAcl throwing up errors

raol

I see a peculiar issue. Please have a look at the code snippet that I have in my script to create vfilers... the code runs fine on 7.3x but throws up errors on 8.0.1 7-mode

Set-NaCifsShareAcl C$ $VFname\administrator  -AccessRights "Full Control"

Remove-NaCifsShareAcl vol0$ everyone

Here are the errors that I get on 8.0.1 7-mode

Set-NaCifsShareAcl : Unable to find API: cifs-share-ace-set

At C:\vFilerCreate\vFilerCreate.ps1:109 char:20

+     Set-NaCifsShareAcl <<<<  C$ $VFname\administrator  -AccessRights "Full Control"

+ CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (10.42.29.88:NaController) [Set-NaCifsShareAcl], EAPINOTFOUND

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : ApiException,DataONTAP.PowerShell.SDK.Cmdlets.Cifs.SetNaCifsShareAcl

Remove-NaCifsShareAcl : Unable to find API: cifs-share-ace-delete

At C:\vFilerCreate\vFilerCreate.ps1:110 char:23

+     Remove-NaCifsShareAcl <<<<  vol0$ everyone

+ CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (10.42.29.88:NaController) [Remove-NaCifsShareAcl], EAPINOTFOUND

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : ApiException,DataONTAP.PowerShell.SDK.Cmdlets.Cifs.RemoveNaCifsShareAcl

If someone has any insight into this I'd appreciate it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another peculiar issues is the error I get when I set the following option (real IPs masked below)...

Set-NaOption  cifs.wins_servers "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx,yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy"

it gives me the following error but it does set the option successfully...

Set-NaOption : Option is not visible: cifs.wins_servers

At C:\vFilerCreate\vFilerCreate.ps1:120 char:14

+     Set-NaOption <<<<   cifs.wins_servers "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx,yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy"

+ CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (10.42.29.88:NaController) [Set-NaOption], EONTAPI_ENOENT

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : ApiException,DataONTAP.PowerShell.SDK.Cmdlets.Options.SetNaOption

If someone has any insight into this I'd appreciate it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks

Mayur

3 REPLIES 3

cknight

Hello, Mayur.  The CIFS share ACL APIs are not available in 8.0.x, but they are in 8.1.  I believe the cifs.wins_servers issue is a Data ONTAP bug.  As long as it is setting the option, you may wish to ignore the error by appending '-ErrorAction SilentlyContinue'.

raol

Clinton,

Thank you for the quick response...

In that case... what are my options for working with ACLs on 8.0.x ?

I find it puzzling that I have that functionality in 7.3x but lose that in a newer version of OnTAP 😞

Yes, I did set the option of 'ErrorAction' for wins servers... Thank You

Mayur

sizemore

Hey Mayur,

Unfortunatly you've run into one of the inconsistencies between Data ONTAP 8.x 7-Mode and Data ONTAP 7.3.x.  Until the cifs-share-ace-* API's are implemented in 8.x  7-mode, you'll have to use cli commands and the Invoke-NaSSH cmdlet to manipulate Cifs ACL's.

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public