Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

Setting the Qtree security style from Unix to Ntfs gives the error

skalaska

When I am trying to set the Qtree security style from unix to ntfs from powershell, its giving the following error:

PS C:\harness\UIA\Script> Set-NaQtree /vol/SV_UIA_SANDY01/Qtree_UIA1 -SecurityStyle ntfs

Set-NaQtree : Cannot determine connection type

At line:1 char:12

+ Set-NaQtree <<<< /vol/SV_UIA_SANDY01/Qtree_UIA1 -SecurityStyle ntfs

+ CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (10.226.234.51:NaController) [Set-NaQtree], ArgumentException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : ApiException,DataONTAP.PowerShell.SDK.Cmdlets.Qtree.SetNaQtree

Can you please let me know what’s the issue?

Thanks,

Sandeep

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

vinith

HI Sandeep,

What is the result of $global:CurrentNaController.GetConnectionType()?  If it is UNKNOWN, please verify the user has permission to run this command.

Also verify if on the controller multistore is licensed and licensed_feature.multistore.enable is set to on?

Also have a look at this community discussion https://communities.netapp.com/message/81891#81891

Thanks,

Vinith

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

skalaska

Thanks Vinith,

licensed_feature.multistore.enable was set to OFF, when i changed to ON,  its working fine.

Thanks,

Sandeep

vinith

HI Sandeep,

What is the result of $global:CurrentNaController.GetConnectionType()?  If it is UNKNOWN, please verify the user has permission to run this command.

Also verify if on the controller multistore is licensed and licensed_feature.multistore.enable is set to on?

Also have a look at this community discussion https://communities.netapp.com/message/81891#81891

Thanks,

Vinith

View solution in original post

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public