Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

Starting with powershell on a netapp environment

EZEMAZUR4827

Hello Guys,

I'm try to start working with powershell and my netapp controllers, i read many post about that, but i can't find any document to start looking.

I have many questions, but for the moment, i need to know how manage multi controllers, how alternate between controllers, or if exist the way to put all ip address with their names and read directly for the PS.

I know that the connection is transitive, but is not fully clear for me.

I accept any recommendation.

Thanks to all.

P.S: we have any documents like "ps and netapp for dummies" or like else?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

lobanov

You can start with PowerShell Survival Guide - http://www.netapp.com/templates/mediaView?m=tr-3896.pdf&cc=us&wid=115871009&mid=46452959

Also cmdlet Show-NaHelp can help you navigate through all NetApp cmdlets.

To deal with multiple controllers within single script you can use:

$controller1 = Connect-NaController Controller1 - cred root

$controller2 = Connect-NaController Controller2 - cred root

then use "-Controller $controller1" argument in cmdlets to send command to proper controller.

Find-NaController cmdlet should help you to descover NetApp controllers. Also if you don't want to provide credentials every time you start script, you can store creds using Add-NaCretential cmdlet.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

lobanov

You can start with PowerShell Survival Guide - http://www.netapp.com/templates/mediaView?m=tr-3896.pdf&cc=us&wid=115871009&mid=46452959

Also cmdlet Show-NaHelp can help you navigate through all NetApp cmdlets.

To deal with multiple controllers within single script you can use:

$controller1 = Connect-NaController Controller1 - cred root

$controller2 = Connect-NaController Controller2 - cred root

then use "-Controller $controller1" argument in cmdlets to send command to proper controller.

Find-NaController cmdlet should help you to descover NetApp controllers. Also if you don't want to provide credentials every time you start script, you can store creds using Add-NaCretential cmdlet.

View solution in original post

EZEMAZUR4827

Ok, Great!

I will try with this documents, thanks for your help. And i come back to you wit more specific questions

Regards

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public