Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

Trouble Loading the Data ONTAP Proxy DLL (AuthorizationManager check failed..)

KAJSTEWART

Hello,

I'm using the 2.3 data ONTAP proxy DLL along with the Getting Started pdf and sample project. When I hit :

Proxy ontapProxy = new Proxy();

I get an error :

The following error occurred while loading the extended type data file:

Microsoft.PowerShell, ...\ProxySample\bin\Debug\DataONTAP\DataONTAP.Type.ps1xml : File skipped because of the following validation exception: AuthorizationManager check failed..

Microsoft.PowerShell, ...\ProxySample\bin\Debug\DataONTAP\DataONTAP.C.Type.ps1xml : File skipped because of the following validation exception: AuthorizationManager check failed..

I've tried:

* Setting machine execution policy to RemoteSigned and Unrestricted (restarted Visual Studio after change)

* Enable PSRemoting

* Verify Data ONTAP references in project have Copy Local set to false

* Verify post build event configured to copy Data ONTAP directory to target location

* Verify none of the dlls are marked as blocked in file properties

Now I'm truly stumped. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

beam

It's possible that the execution policy for x86 PowerShell is still Restricted.  The ProxySample project targets x86 by default.  Does changing the build target to x64 or Any CPU help?

-Steven

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

beam

It's possible that the execution policy for x86 PowerShell is still Restricted.  The ProxySample project targets x86 by default.  Does changing the build target to x64 or Any CPU help?

-Steven

KAJSTEWART

That was it!  So much face-palm for not trying that myself.

Thanks !

Public