Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

Where do I go to find documentation on powershell toolkit?

Trinh

I trying to search for powershell toolkit documentation for cmdlet and trying to find out what are all the return object of a cmdlet, for example: Get-NcCifsSessionFile.  I am trying to google and doesn't seem to find any documentation on the cmdlet anywhere.  I don't want to have to download the toolkit and then find out.  There got to be documentation somewhere.  Any direction? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

donny_lang

Your best bet will be to use PowerShell's "Get-Help" function to display the syntax for a given cmdlet. If you'd like to get all of the methods/properties associated with a cmdlet, you can run the cmdlet and then pipe it to Get-Member like this:

Get-NcCifsSessionFile | Get-Member 

This will return all of the names, types, and definitions of the data collected by the cmdlet. As far as I know, this documentation only exists within the Toolkit itself and isn't documented elsewhere. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

donny_lang

Your best bet will be to use PowerShell's "Get-Help" function to display the syntax for a given cmdlet. If you'd like to get all of the methods/properties associated with a cmdlet, you can run the cmdlet and then pipe it to Get-Member like this:

Get-NcCifsSessionFile | Get-Member 

This will return all of the names, types, and definitions of the data collected by the cmdlet. As far as I know, this documentation only exists within the Toolkit itself and isn't documented elsewhere. 

JohnChampion

You can enter 'Show-NcHelp' and a browser will open with access to each cmdlet - it also groups cmdlets by category, etc.

Public