Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

Where do I go to find documentation on powershell toolkit?

Trinh

I trying to search for powershell toolkit documentation for cmdlet and trying to find out what are all the return object of a cmdlet, for example: Get-NcCifsSessionFile.  I am trying to google and doesn't seem to find any documentation on the cmdlet anywhere.  I don't want to have to download the toolkit and then find out.  There got to be documentation somewhere.  Any direction? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

donny_lang

Your best bet will be to use PowerShell's "Get-Help" function to display the syntax for a given cmdlet. If you'd like to get all of the methods/properties associated with a cmdlet, you can run the cmdlet and then pipe it to Get-Member like this:

Get-NcCifsSessionFile | Get-Member 

This will return all of the names, types, and definitions of the data collected by the cmdlet. As far as I know, this documentation only exists within the Toolkit itself and isn't documented elsewhere. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

JohnChampion

You can enter 'Show-NcHelp' and a browser will open with access to each cmdlet - it also groups cmdlets by category, etc.

donny_lang

Your best bet will be to use PowerShell's "Get-Help" function to display the syntax for a given cmdlet. If you'd like to get all of the methods/properties associated with a cmdlet, you can run the cmdlet and then pipe it to Get-Member like this:

Get-NcCifsSessionFile | Get-Member 

This will return all of the names, types, and definitions of the data collected by the cmdlet. As far as I know, this documentation only exists within the Toolkit itself and isn't documented elsewhere. 

View solution in original post

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public