Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

get-naperfdata cpdump

markweber

anyone else not get anything back from:

get-naperfdata cpdump

i get the counter list back from get-naperfcounter cpdump but no data.

tried using toolkit versions 1.4 and 1.7 against 8.0.2 and 7.3.2 filers.

what am i missing?

thanks

mark

5 REPLIES 5

cknight

To use the perf APIs:

1. Get the performance object types (Get-NaPerfObject).  This includes an object type 'cpdump' on some of my test systems.

2. Get the instances of the type of interest (Get-NaPerfInstance -Name cpdump).  This returns no data on any of my test systems.

3. Get the counters available for the type of interest (Get-NaPerfCounter -Name cpdump).  This returns numerous counters on some of my test systems.

4. Get the data (Get-NaPerfData -Name cpdump -Instances <instance names> -Counters <counter names>).

In short, because there are no instances reported for the cpdump type, no data is available.  Please keep in mind that because this performance type is listed as having privilege level 'diag', it may not be available and its contents are subject to change.

If you just want some CP info, try this:

PS C:\> Invoke-NaSysstat -Wafl -i 1 | Format-List

CpCount             : 0

CpTime              : 00:00:00

CacheAge            : 01:38:43.1160000

CpCounts            : {0, 0, 0, 0...}

CpTypes             : {wafl_timer generated CP, snapshot generated CP, wafl_avail_bufs generated CP, dirty_blk_cnt generated CP...}

Controller          : fas2040rre1

ControllerTimestamp : 3/1/2012 10:14:39 PM

Timestamp           : 3/1/2012 5:14:50 PM

lobanov

Check out my script on how to use Get-NaPerfCounter and Get-NaPerfData cmdlets at https://communities.netapp.com/docs/DOC-10354

markweber

ok - that makes sense about there not being an instance to pull. i hadn't thought to check it since i usually just grab them all.

anyone have any insight on how to get ontap to report cpdump (if possible)?

as far as sysstat - i'm already collecting cp_count. i'm interested in some of the cpdump counters like:

BaseCounter    :

Desc           : time in msecs when clients suspend for full nvlog

Labels         :

Name           : cpd_time_nvlog_full_susp

PrivilegeLevel : diag

Properties     : raw

Type           :

Unit           : millisec

thanks

mark

cknight

I just checked on Data ONTAP 8.1, and none of the cpdump* perf objects are listed by that API, so I have to assume these were never fully implemented in earlier versions and were more recently removed.  Also note that in 8.1 I see 140 counters in the wafl type, vs. 101 in 8.0.1.  So perhaps that's a better place to look in the future for CP-related statistics.

markweber

thanks

Public