Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

new-NaQtree

iwhoskin

Is there a way to set the security style to UNIX on a new qtree using new-NaQtree, or to change it after it has been created using PowerShell

3 REPLIES 3

cknight

Not at present, as there isn't an API to do that.  But thanks for pointing that out.  I'll ensure that ability gets into a future Toolkit release.

iwhoskin

ok, thanks for the info, I guess I will just use RSH for that part of my script until the PowerShell cmdlts catch up.

you don't happen to know what ports need to be opened on a firewall to make these powershell cmdlts work from a secured management host?

cknight

iwhoskin wrote:

you don't happen to know what ports need to be opened on a firewall to make these powershell cmdlts work from a secured management host?

HTTP defaults to port 80 and HTTPS to port 443.  RPC, with its Active Directory tie-in, is more complicated to work around when configuring a firewall.  In your case it's probably simplest to use HTTP/HTTPS.

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

Public