Effective December 3, NetApp adopts Microsoft’s Business-to-Customer (B2C) identity management to simplify and provide secure access to NetApp resources.
For accounts that did not pre-register (prior to Dec 3), access to your NetApp data may take up to 1 hour as your legacy NSS ID is synchronized to the new B2C identity.
To learn more, read the FAQ and watch the video.
Need assistance? Complete this form and select “Registration Issue” as the Feedback Category.

Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

Support for UNIX

wippel

I'm missing  cmdlets for a better UNIX support.

Is there a possibility for a reverse lookup, to get the hostname for an IP?

Is ther a posibility to get the hosts of a netgroup?

The NETAPP commands used for this purpose are YPWHICH and YPMATCH in addition to YPCAT and YPGROUP.

Why does Test-NaNfsExportPermission not support qtrees in its path?

PS R:\> Test-NaNfsExportPermission -host 10.200.29.210 -path /vol/vol1/? -permission root
True

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

cknight

Hello, Josef.  I do, but that wouldn't seem to matter.  The API docs don't mention any qtree limitations.

PS C:\> foreach ($export in (Get-NaNfsExport)) { Write-Host $export.Pathname ":" (Test-NaNfsExportPermission -Path $export.Pathname -Host 10.61.167.61 -Permission root) }

/vol/AS_5_12_1 : False
/vol/vol2 : False
/vol/vol1 : False
/vol/vol0 : False
/vol/vol0/home : False
/vol/vol2clone : False
/vol/vol1clone : False
/vol/testvol4 : False
/vol/SC_3_3_0 : False
/vol/vol2/testqtree : True
/vol/opalis : False
/vol/clinton_backup : False

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

cknight

Hello, wippel.  I have captured your unix requests for consideration in a future release.  Thanks for the suggestion.

As for Test-NaNfsExportPermission, it should work with qtrees:

PS C:\> Set-NaNfsExport /vol/vol2/testqtree -Root 10.61.167.61

PS C:\> Test-NaNfsExportPermission -Path /vol/vol2/testqtree -Host 10.61.167.61 -Permission root

True

Test-NaNfsExportPermission doesn't support wildcards as your example suggests, but you could get the same result like this:

PS C:\> Get-NaNfsExport | ? {$_.Pathname -LIKE "/vol/vol2/*"} | Test-NaNfsExportPermission -Host 10.61.167.61 -Permission root

True

cknight

Hello, Josef.  I do, but that wouldn't seem to matter.  The API docs don't mention any qtree limitations.

PS C:\> foreach ($export in (Get-NaNfsExport)) { Write-Host $export.Pathname ":" (Test-NaNfsExportPermission -Path $export.Pathname -Host 10.61.167.61 -Permission root) }

/vol/AS_5_12_1 : False
/vol/vol2 : False
/vol/vol1 : False
/vol/vol0 : False
/vol/vol0/home : False
/vol/vol2clone : False
/vol/vol1clone : False
/vol/testvol4 : False
/vol/SC_3_3_0 : False
/vol/vol2/testqtree : True
/vol/opalis : False
/vol/clinton_backup : False

View solution in original post

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public