Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

"Operation is not supported" error

marco_shaw

I never though of trying to load the ONTAP toolkit even though I don't have access to any NetApp servers.

On Server 2008 R2, from a 64-bit console I'm getting:

Import-Module : Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Windows\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\dataontap\D
ataONTAP.dll' or one of its dependencies. Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515)
At line:1 char:5
+ ipmo <<<<  dataontap
    + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Import-Module], FileLoadException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.IO.FileLoadException,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.ImportModuleCommand

I'm getting the same with 32-bit...

As per the instructions, I simply copied the dataontap directory to $pshome\modules, and tried to load it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

cknight

Hi, Marco.  Please make sure your PowerShell execution policy is set to something other than Restricted.  If that doesn't help, would you try using the Install.ps1 script that we provide along with the Toolkit, please?  Or see if the files you copied yourself need to be "unblocked", as described here.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

cknight

Hi, Marco.  Please make sure your PowerShell execution policy is set to something other than Restricted.  If that doesn't help, would you try using the Install.ps1 script that we provide along with the Toolkit, please?  Or see if the files you copied yourself need to be "unblocked", as described here.

marco_shaw

Unblocking the zip file before doing anything did the trick.

Public