Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

vFiler pie or bar chart?

netapplem

I am in need of a graphical representation of our vFiler system (I cannot use System Manager, so I am searching for a PowerShell replacement).  I only have access to my vFiler, so I do not see the entire system or have the ability to use System Manager.  Management is looking for a pie\bar chart, and I cannot find a way to quickly do this.  I am looking for a PowerShell script that can quickly run that will convert our vFiler space to an excel spreadsheet and then generate a pie or bar chart to present to management (because, once they ask for it, they will want it frequently and quickly).

Any information would be helpful.

-Joe

2 REPLIES 2

JGPSHNTAP

what your asking for is some advanced scripting... especially with Excel integration..

Do you know how to at least connect to a controller/vfiler via ps?

netapplem

Yes, I can pull the data and place it in all sorts of output.  The issue that I have is just graphical.  My management cries when they see numbers and spreadsheets apparently, and only want pretty graphs.

I just cannot believe my management is the only people that are like this.  There has to be someone out there with some sort of chart.

I think my bigger issue is that I am on a vfiler and do not have access to the root context, so I have a limited set of commands and access.

-Joe

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public