NetApp Learning Services Discussions

NCDA certification

virgo0880

Hi All,

I want to prepare for NCDA certification. I dont have option for NCDA boot camp. Is there a way of doing certification without boot camp? Also I have completed the WBTs and basic courses which are pre-requisites for NCDA certificate. Is there any other resource available with the help of which I can complete this certification. Is there any link for the study guide that can be provided?

Thanks

Pankaj

4 REPLIES 4

CCOLEMAN_

Is this for 7-Mode or C-Mode?

Here is a study guide for 7-Mode

http://media.netapp.com/documents/nso-154.pdf

virgo0880

Thanks Coleman,

I am preparing for 7-mode and thanks for the guide. But on the NOW site it says Data ONTAP 7-Mode Administrator (NS0-155). Whether this guide is sufficient for the exam preparations ? Is there any other links which you have that can help me achieve that?

Thanks

CCOLEMAN_

The only thing that's changed since NS0-154 to NS0-155 is the new features that 8.1 brought,

If you know those, you should be good.

Here are some highlights,

- 64bit aggrs

- FilerView is gone

- Flash pools

- Flash Cache (not PAM cards anymore)

- Vol move

- Aggr / Vol maximums that changed with 8.x

- Data compression

- New controllers that depend on 8.x (2240)

- ESH / ESH2 modules for DS14 shelf are no longer supported

...I can't really think of anything else off the top of my head, but if you go to support.netapp.com > documentaiton > Data ONTAP > 8.1.2 7-Mode

There is a section that will tell you all of the new stuff that has been released with 8.x, a lot of stuff changed after 8.1.x, and I doubt it made it into the test, but if you understand all the changes in 8.1.2, you're truly ready for the test.

Then get ready to embrace C-Mode, which has drastically different material, but is where everything is going. (I think getting yourself prepped and able to pass the 7-mode test is a good idea though)

virgo0880

Thanks for sharing that information. I will go through the same and revert if there are any questions.

Thanks much.

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public