Network Storage Protocols Discussions

How to export a NFS share with these options - *(rw,sync,anonuid=1111,anongid=1111,all_squash)

saravanan_hp

I need to export a NFS share with these options - *(rw,sync,anonuid=1111,anongid=1111,all_squash) in a VNX. Please guide me. I am using ONTAP 8.3.2 Cluster

1 REPLY 1

GidonMarcus

Hi

i strongly suggest you review this configuration against best practices and relevant product user guide. as this current config will allow anyone in any subnet read-write to the mount without any authentication. 

https://www.netapp.com/us/media/tr-4067.pdf - Netapp best practices for NFS on Cdot

but. as you requested. this is that: (assuming you created and mounted the volume. and that the SVM configured with NFS enabled)

export-policy create -vserver <SVM name> -policyname policy1

export-policy rule create -rwrule none -rorule none -superuser none -policyname Policy1 -vserver <SVM name> -clientmatch * -anon 1111

volume modify -vserver <SVM name> -volume <Vol name> -policy policy1

Gidi

Gidi Marcus (Linkedin) - Storage and Microsoft technologies consultant - Hydro IT LTD - UK
Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public