Network and Storage Protocols

CIFS configuration ERROR

I'm receiving errors every time I try to run the configuration wizard script to CIFS configuration:

NetApp> cifs domaininfo
NetBios Domain:           BURYATIA
Windows 2000 Domain Name: buryatia.mts.ru
Type:                     Windows 2000
Filer AD Site:            default-first-site-name

Not currently connected to any DCs
Preferred Addresses:
                          None
Favored Addresses:
                          X.X.X.3    DC3-BURYATIA     PDCBROKEN
                          X.X.X.4    DC4-BURYATIA     PDCBROKEN
Other Addresses:
                          None

Not currently connected to any AD LDAP server
Preferred Addresses:
                          None
Favored Addresses:
                          None
Other Addresses:
                          None

NetApp> cifs testdc
Using Established configuration
Current Mode of NBT is H Mode

Netbios scope "buryatia.mts.ru"
Registered names...
        NETAPP         < 0> WINS
        NETAPP         < 3> WINS
        NETAPP         <20> WINS
        BURYATIA       < 0> WINS

Testing all Primary Domain Controllers
found 2 unique addresses

.Wed Apr 15 15:07:53 IRKST [nbt.nbss.socketError:error]: NBT: Cannot connect to server x.x.x.3 over
NBSS socket for port 139. Session setup error. Error 0x82: Called name not present.
.Not able to communicate with PDC x.x.x.3
trying x.x.x.3...x.x.x.3 is alive
.Wed Apr 15 15:07:53 IRKST [nbt.nbss.socketError:error]: NBT: Cannot connect to server x.x.x.3 over
NBSS socket for port 139. Session setup error. Error 0x82: Called name not present.
Wed Apr 15 15:07:53 IRKST [nbt.nbss.socketError:error]: NBT: Cannot connect to server x.x.x.4 over N
BSS socket for port 139. Session setup error. Error 0x82: Called name not present.
.Not able to communicate with PDC x.x.x.4
trying x.x.x.4...x.x.x.4 is alive

Testing all Domain Controllers
found 2 unique addresses

.Wed Apr 15 15:07:53 IRKST [nbt.nbss.socketError:error]: NBT: Cannot connect to server x.x.x.4 over
Wed Apr 15 15:07:53 IRKST [nbt.nbss.socketError:error]: NBT: Cannot connect to server x.x.x.3 over N
BSS socket for port 139. Session setup error. Error 0x82: Called name not present.
.Not able to communicate with DC x.x.x.3
trying x.x.x.3...x.x.x.3 is alive
Wed Apr 15 15:07:53 IRKST [nbt.nbss.socketError:error]: NBT: Cannot connect to server x.x.x.4 over N
.Not able to communicate with DC x.x.x.4
trying x.x.x.4...x.x.x.4 is alive

I've using Windows Server 2003 SP2, DNS,WINS,AD

Please help!

Please send answer to 02@buryatia.mts.ru

Thank's

12 REPLIES 12

chriskranz

I think there may be an issue with your AD...

Favored Addresses:
                          X.X.X.3    DC3-BURYATIA     PDCBROKEN
                          X.X.X.4    DC4-BURYATIA     PDCBROKEN

Can you check directly on these AD servers to make sure they are happy themselves and that the directory is fully intact?

How I can get access to  Knowledgebase (for example

https://now.netapp.com/Knowledgebase/solutionarea.asp?id=kb23526

https://now.netapp.com/Knowledgebase/solutionarea.asp?id=kb5280)

for resolve my problem?

This pages are not accessable for me - unauthorized access

Thanks.

t_kumar

were u able to fix this PDCbroken error? i have  a similar situation

netmassinc

I have the same problem.  I had 3 active directory servers and decommissioned one 2K3.  My remaining 2 are Win2K8R2 (in Win2K3 domain level mode).  They seem to be working find and dcdiag doesn't show any real problems...

Any help appreciated!

ADIZILDO9

Could you send the output of :

cifs resetdc

command?

netmassinc

I did not have time for serious troubleshooting.  The solution for me was to turn my Windows Server 2003 Active Directory server and have it rejoin the domain as an active directory server.    If I configured the NetAPP to speak with that server... things worked.  It would not speak with the WIn2K8 servers.

All active directory checking that I did showed that AD was working fine (replication, etc).  Our active directory is still working well... however, I have to have that Win2K3 in place for the NetAPP to work.

- Steve

chrishdez

HI, Steve, any news from this?

I've same issue, I can't switch off my w2k3 server...

regards,

netmassinc

Unfortunately… no.

My solution is that I'm moving all the data off the device and I'm gonna trash the piece of junk. I get better service from our office NetGear NAS than I do from this box. L

- Steve

spence

Check to see if there is a defined setting for options cifs.scopeid. If one is present and options cifs.netbios_over_tcp.enable on is also set, verify that the scope ID setting is required/correct. If this cannot be verified, terminate CIFS, set the options cifs.scopeid to "" (that is, leave blank) and then re-enable CIFS. Check to see if the access is restored.

Depending on your version of Data ONTAP you need to upgrade to support Windows 2008.  Please us the IMT (support. netapp.com) to validate your version of ONTAP with Windows 2008 support.

The following all require SSH access (Putty) and using CLI commands.  Sorry not going to spend hours with GUI click instructions.

You may need to enable smb signing depending on your GPOs and security settings.  'options cifs.signing.enable on'.

Check to see if you have preferred domain controllers configured (and if one of them was what you retired).  'cifs prefdc print'.  If so then change them using 'cifs prefdc delete' and 'cifs prefdc add'

Also enable SMB2.  .Issue 'options cifs' and review the output.  Then enable smb2 with 'options cifs.smb2.enable on'.  This won't resolve your issue but at least you will have SMB2 support enabled for Windows 7 \ 2008.

scottgelb

A typical culprit is time is off by more than 5 minutes... compare the date output to one of the AD servers... change the time within 5 minutes (kerberos requirement with AD) and cifs resetdc.

VKALVEMULA

can you send o/p of "  option timed  " from filer

youness

Hello

Could you help me with a strange problem that we have with one of our Filers. I will explain. 

2 Filers with the same software version:

Spoiler
Data ONTAP Release 7.3.4: Thu May 27 18:31:59 PDT 2010 (IBM)

The same CIFS config:

Spoiler

NetBios Domain: xxxxxx
Windows 2003 Domain Name: xxxxxx.com
Type: Windows 2003
Filer AD Site: xxx8

Current Connected DCs: \\DC01
Total DC addresses found: 3
Preferred Addresses:
x.x.x.25 DC01 PDC
x.x.x.1 PDC
x.x.x.10 PDC
Favored Addresses:
None
Other Addresses:
None

Connected AD LDAP Server: \\DC10.xxxxxxxx.com
Preferred Addresses:
x.x.x.1      DC01

x.x.x.25    DC10

x.x.x.10   

Favored Addresses:
None
Other Addresses:
None

Our DC controllers are 2008R2,...

The problem: Every night one of the filers switches to the mode Win 2000 and we are loosing the connection to LDAP, while the other filer works fine.

Spoiler
Type: Windows 2000

Not currently connected to any AD LDAP server
Preferred Addresses:
x.x.x..1 BROKEN
DC10.xxxxx.com
x.x.x.25 BROKEN
DC01.xxxxx.com
x.x.x..10 BROKEN
Favored Addresses:
None
Other Addresses:
None

In orde to overcome the problem for 1 day, we have to re-run the CIFS setup, but obviously this is not the way forward.

Any help greatly appriciated! 

Public