To configure NDMP with FC , you may need to do following steps
1. NDMP license for your backup software
2. NDMP enabled on filer
3. Create a NDMP user and encrypt that user ( ndmpd password "user_name" )
-> This is good practice to use a separate user for NDMP other than root , if it is root no need to encrypt it ..
4. You need to have a HBA port on filer , and need to connect the Tape drive with that HBA ( either through FC switch or direct connection, if switch connection need to do zoning as well )
5. once proper connection is done , try sysconfig -t and sysconfig -m , to find the tape drive and media changer information.
6. Once all these done , we are done with netapp, now need to go to the backup master/media server and do the remaining configuration there based on vendor recommendation
hope this helps .. good luck