Network and Storage Protocols

NFS Volume Used In FTP Getting 551 Error

SirLoinOfBeef

The volume has been shared on a SVM that allows NFS. I am using Filezilla to FTP this share to Box. When Filezilla tries to FTP large files (over 40GB I always get a 551 error. From my research the error means there is an issue on the server side. Well, this is really running of the SAN, correct? So how would I begin to troubleshoot this error?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

parisi

Sounds like an issue with FTP, not NFS. NFS is perfectly capable of handling much larger files - TBs in size. 

Googling that error suggests it may be related to authentication/TLS handshakes or that the FTP server (or NAT/firewall) can't handle that size of file. A packet trace might help, but you may need to engage Filezilla.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

parisi

Sounds like an issue with FTP, not NFS. NFS is perfectly capable of handling much larger files - TBs in size. 

Googling that error suggests it may be related to authentication/TLS handshakes or that the FTP server (or NAT/firewall) can't handle that size of file. A packet trace might help, but you may need to engage Filezilla.

SirLoinOfBeef

Thanks! I will follow up with Filezilla.

Public