Network and Storage Protocols

RCU 2.0 Fails to mount NFS store

jthaloor

We have been using RCU in the lab environment from the beginning. Recently we had to move demos to another VC due to power issues and RCU does not work anymore. It goes through creating the flexvol and also changing the export permissions, but then it fails to mount the volume on the ESX servers. Mounting the volume manually works fine.

The stdout from teh log file indicates the following in the JAVA error stack

ERROR com.netapp.kamino.server.duplicator.EsxHosTaskManager - Error Mounting filesystem due to HostConfigFault

The error string states "Unable to mount filesystem: The mount request was denied by the NFS Server.Check that the exports exists and the client is permitted to mount it"

The fact that I can mount the datastore using VC indicates that there is no error in the exports file.

Any ideas on where to look?

Thanks

Jesse

1 REPLY 1

chrisgeb

Jesse,

Could you send the logs to me at chrisgeb@netapp.com?  We will need all logs found in the <installation directory>\logs folder. The default installation directory is C:\Program Files\NetApp\Rapid Cloning Utility.  Navigate to the installation directory, right click on the logs directory, and choose "Send To" -> "Compressed (zipped) Folder" and send me the resulting file.

As a side note RCU 2.1 was just released yesterday and can be downloaded for free from the now.netapp.com website!

Thanks,

Chris Gebhardt

VDI Reference Architect

Server Virtualization

NetApp

Follow me on Twitter: chrisgeb

Public