ONTAP Discussions

7MTT Migration

vsudireddy

I am planning to migrate 7 mode controller to a brand new SVM in existing cluster and looking for help on below questions

1) 7 mode controller has CIFS shares, NFS mounts and ISCSI Luns

a) is it possible to create single project for every thing and do the cutover same time

b) do we need to manually create ISCSI lifs and Igroups in advance before the cutover on destination SVM

2)can the destination SVM same as 7 mode controller, so that after the cutover we dont have to change the storage path for CIFS share and NFS mounts

3) I am just creating an SVM with out any LIFS thinking the cutover brings lifs from 7 mode controller.

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1

Fabian1993

Hi @vsudireddy,

Point 3. is possible, you can select that you want to copy the existing NAS LIF.

Point 2. Check this, preserve the CIFS server identity to the target SVM:

https://docs.netapp.com/us-en/ontap-7mode-transition/copy-based/concept_prerequisites_for_transitioning_cifs_configurations.html#cluster-prerequisites

Point 1. You can do one Project for all your Steps, but I would distinguish beetween NAS and SAN.. 7MTT DOES NOT Transfer any iSCSI/FC LIF, so you must create that manually on your cDOT Cluster/SVM.

I hope that helps

Greetz..

Public