ONTAP Discussions

9.8 GUI or CLI for capacity used as percentage

simpsora

Hi,

So we upgraded to 9.8 recently and the new GUI is a bit of a struggle compared to classic mode. It might be just familiarity but does anyone have a way where i can quickly list any volumes that are using more than 97% capacity? if theres a CLI command that can do it then id be fine with that in the meantime. Also i cant seem to say a way to just any volume that hsa say 1TB of free space left,  would there be a command line option for that? i tried volume show-space -fields Logical Available but it didnt have a value and i cant see other fields in show-space that jsut tells me how much space a volume has left.

It used to be i could just select the filter box next to the percentage column in system manager and type >97 and it would show the vols that matched but now i cant seem to see how to do that via system manager.

Thanks for any help in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ontapforrum

Yes, getting adjusted to the new GUI is not something straight forward, have struggled as well. But, with time, you will get adjusted.

Try these commands:

::> vol show -percent-used > 97
::> df -h true -available-space >1TB

::> df -h true -available-space >=1TB

::> df -h true -available-space <=1TB

Also, if you have a OCUM/AIQM: That would be much easier and simpler to work with filters.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Ontapforrum

Yes, getting adjusted to the new GUI is not something straight forward, have struggled as well. But, with time, you will get adjusted.

Try these commands:

::> vol show -percent-used > 97
::> df -h true -available-space >1TB

::> df -h true -available-space >=1TB

::> df -h true -available-space <=1TB

Also, if you have a OCUM/AIQM: That would be much easier and simpler to work with filters.

Public