ONTAP Discussions

About the fault LED on one of the HDD and controller

Terry_Lui

Yesterday, FAS2750 one of the HDD fault LDE was on. I was check all the disk status was nothing to find, status was normal, no broken disk, environment was healthy. Today i check again, LED light was off. Seems everything back to normal. May I know what reason cause by fail LED light turn on and no any warning in NetApp console. thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

pedro_rocha

Hi... as you notice, it was a false positive event. The drive never failed per ONTAP understanding.

The best to do it to open a case with NetApp support. It is possible that this drive LED is not working as intended and maybe they could replace the drive in order to eliminate those false alerts.

If you do not have a support contract, I would suggest to you to put this drive as a spare, unassign it  and physically remove it from the shelf. Then re-insert it, assign it and observe if the event occurs again.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Terry_Lui

on event log was did show about the alert, no alert show on ontap web consoles also

pedro_rocha

Hi... as you notice, it was a false positive event. The drive never failed per ONTAP understanding.

The best to do it to open a case with NetApp support. It is possible that this drive LED is not working as intended and maybe they could replace the drive in order to eliminate those false alerts.

If you do not have a support contract, I would suggest to you to put this drive as a spare, unassign it  and physically remove it from the shelf. Then re-insert it, assign it and observe if the event occurs again.

Public