The community is undergoing maintenance and is in Read-Only mode. Click to learn more.

ONTAP Discussions

Aggregate size

rwelshman

Is there a way to view the available space in an aggregate within a data vserver? If I'm going to increase or create a volume in the aggregate, I would like to know that there is enough room. Is there a field for one of the commands that shows the available / used per aggregate?

4 REPLIES 4

Uddhav

First check by this

cluster1::> storage aggregate show

nodes column shows the which aggr belong to which node

then

cluster1::> storage aggregate show -aggregate aggr1

you are in cluster1 node here

After you create vserver,  in any node,  when you do 

cluster::> vserver show

one of the column is the aggregate info there....

Hope this helps

rwelshman

I know I can find the aggregate name and I can find the size of the aggregate from the cluster admin level / node vserver. I am imaging myself as being a vserver admin only and logging into my data vserver and wanting to increase my volume. How do I know how much free space is in the aggregate?

himal123

you have to assign the aggregates which are bound to that vserver to vserver admin

vserver show -fields aggr-list  =  to see if any assinged

if not assign as

vserver modify -vserver vs1.example.com -aggr-list aggr1,aggr2

Let me know

rwelshman

There is an aggregate assigned to the Vserver, what I would like to see in that data vserver is the available spae in the aggregate - is that possible?

In 7-mode, I would run "df -g volume" then "df -Ag aggr" to make sure there was room before I expanded.

In C-mode, I can see the size of my volume in the data vserver, but I can't find the command to see the size of that volume's aggregate.

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public