ONTAP Discussions

Anyone have a handle on ONTAP Adaptive and fixed QOS policies?

Tas

Trying to figure out the best way forward from a quagmire I'm in.  I need to figure out the following:

1. Adaptive QOS, or
  2. Fixed QOS

NSLM did a great job of messing up my migration to FlexGroups from FlexVols, by making FlexVols the high priority

I need to figure out a way to reset, and start the arduous process of incrementally decreasing the FlexVol priorities and increasing the FlexGroup priorities, in order to get my users to migrate.  (The obviously do not want to do it now, because FG's are three times as slow).

Last time I tried something, I set my binary volumes to such a low priority, Matlab took twenty minutes to start.  ;(

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

paul_stejskal

I think I was actually talking on Friday with your case owner. We need more data because honestly, FG vs FV doesn't matter with AQoS. Everything gets shoved into the Best Effort bucket the exact same, so it shouldn't matter.

It could be your AQoS policies may work better for FlexVols because the absolute minimums are low enough, but not for FlexGroups.

Need more data and perf archive showing the difference.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

paul_stejskal

I think I was actually talking on Friday with your case owner. We need more data because honestly, FG vs FV doesn't matter with AQoS. Everything gets shoved into the Best Effort bucket the exact same, so it shouldn't matter.

It could be your AQoS policies may work better for FlexVols because the absolute minimums are low enough, but not for FlexGroups.

Need more data and perf archive showing the difference.

Public