ONTAP Discussions

AutoSupport options...

OldGreyBeard

Hi All

When using cluster mode. Is it possible to have AutoSupports sent to an internal Web server location as opposed to using a SMTP server..?

My AutoSupports cannot be sent direct to netapp as there is no external connectivity and SMTP is a blocked protocol on our network.

So getting a zipped package is difficult.

From the below link it looks like it can be sent out to an FTP site (which i assume could be internal)

https://kb.netapp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/1033620/loc/en_US

However again FTP is an unsupported insecure protocol. SFTP would probably work for us however it does not state that is is supported.

At the moment I am having to copy each file out of an Autosupport created via the console from the SPI in to a folder on my local PC.

1 REPLY 1

OldGreyBeard

BTW.

If its possible, it may be acceptable (though not ideal) to enable the option if it is still present to copy the file straight out of a CIFS session browsed directly to the ETC$ folder (as you would with 7Mode.

Can this be enabed as a temporary measure in order to grab a copy of the AutoSupport log dump..? 

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public