ONTAP Discussions

Broadcast domain bug: how to fix ?

Greg_Wilson

Hi 

I have this bug on a 2750 running 9.9.1

https://mysupport.netapp.com/site/bugs-online/product/ONTAP/BURT/1378530

"error: details not available" status as part of the "broadcast-domain show"

but I get an error when I try to remove ports as it is the "Cluster" Broadcast Domain ?

Any ideas how to fix it then ?

8 REPLIES 8

AlexDawson

Hi Greg,

Have you performed an ARL headswap to this controller previously? That is a prequisite for that BURT.

In some cases, per https://kb.netapp.com/Advice_and_Troubleshooting/Data_Storage_Software/ONTAP_OS/%22network_port_broadcast-domain_show%22_reports_%22error%3A_details_n... just changing the MTU back to 9000 will be sufficient.

Let us know how it goes!

Greg_Wilson

Hi,

This is a brand new 2750 install with 72 1.8TB SAS drives.

It shipped with 9.8P3 and I upgraded that to 9.9.1

Never performed an ARL headswap

I did try to remove the ports but it complained there were LIFS on them.

I might just wait 9.9.1P1 and see if that fixes it. I don't think there is an issue.

AlexDawson

Have you tried to change the MTU as I suggested?

Greg_Wilson

Sorry.. I have not had a chance to look at this as we needed to start the migrations ASAP and I was not keen to play around with this as the cluster is working. I see there is also 9.9.1P1 which I plan to install ASAP when we get some free time between migrations.

Mjizzini

like Alex suggested, modifying the broadcast domain may fix it. 

Network port broadcast-domain show" reports error: details not available for some ports

tahmad

Hello @Greg_Wilson ,

Were you able to fix the issue?

Greg_Wilson

No I have no fixed it and its getting more annoying. 

The only thing you can do is make sure its the first thing you delete/fix-up after you setup a new cluster

Don't make any LIFs until you have sorted it out, otherwise you need to delete them all.

darb0505

@Greg_Wilson,

Thanks for the update.  Feel free to open a NetApp Support case If you need any assistance with the upgrade to 9.9.1P1.  Sorry for the inconvenience this issue is causing you.

Team NetApp
Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public