ONTAP Discussions

Bulk Change share permissions using CLI

emollonb2s

Hi everyone I just created a bunch of shares using CLI using copy and paste like this

cifs share create -vserver CPTSVFIGUFS1 -share-name ana.henriques -path /volDatos/Users/ana.henriques

but all of them are on this Everyone / Full Control and i want to change all to NT AUTHORITY\Authenticated Users but not using the web service, i want to use the CLI because there are a lot of shares to change.

CPTSVFIGUFS1   ana.henriques /volDatos/Users/  oplocks    -        Everyone / Full Control
                             ana.henriques     browsable
                                                      changenotify

There is anyone who can help me with this, i just tried this sentence

CPTSVFIGUCTRL0::> vserver cifs share access-control modify -user-or-group "NT AUTHORITY\Authenticated" -share ana.henriques  -permission Full_Control

Error: command failed: Failed to modify ACE on CIFS share ana.henriques when the ACE on this share/user combination doesn't exists.  Need to create one first.

But i go this error

OR

CPTSVFIGUCTRL0::> vserver cifs share access-control create -share ana.henriques -user-group-type windows -user-or-group  "NT AUTHORITY\Authenticated" -permission Full_Control

Error: command failed: Failed to resolve the security identifier (SID) for the account named "NT AUTHORITY\Authenticated". Reason: Bad user 'Authenticated' or domain 'NT
       AUTHORITY'.

So i'm stuck at this point.

Any help?

Kind regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

emollonb2s

I can respond myselve, just adding Users at the end of the sentence 😞 my fault

vserver cifs share access-control create -share andreia.neto -user-group-type windows -user-or-group  "NT AUTHORITY\Authenticated Users" -permission Full_Control

It's solved!!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

emollonb2s

I can respond myselve, just adding Users at the end of the sentence 😞 my fault

vserver cifs share access-control create -share andreia.neto -user-group-type windows -user-or-group  "NT AUTHORITY\Authenticated Users" -permission Full_Control

It's solved!!

View solution in original post

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public