ONTAP Discussions

CTRL+C does not break the boot sequence

Netone

Currently have a old 2020 serie racked in our lab and I have decided to give it a Fresh install for internal training purposes.
However, when try to break the boot sequence by "CTRL+C" after a head reboot, the boot sequence carries on with checks without breaking and taking too long, and I am not able to get control on the prompt.

1. Is there any other way than CTRL+C to break the boot sequence to make a fresk install? or any other commands to break the boot sequence

2. Any explanation why this is happening 

3 REPLIES 3

georgevj

Is only CTRL+C is not working or its not not accepting any keyboard input? Are you able to login to the console? Can you login to SP/RLM ?

PS: The FAS2020 supports only upto ONTAP 7.3.7. But the output shows 8.2.3. How did this happen?

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.
Cannot find the answer you need? No need to open a support case - just CHAT and we’ll handle it for you.

Netone

Hi Georgevj,

Thanks for your answer, I have found that the console were not able to input the command breaker CTRL+C.

this was related to the type of serial cable used and I have oercame this by using a RJ45 to USB serial.

To your second point, the system have been upgraded to 8.2.3 7 mode.

Have great day and thanks once again for the interest showed to the thread.

georgevj

You are welcome, and thank you for sharing the solution. I remember seeing another similiar thread some days back, but can't figure out which thread 😞  Hope this may be helpful for that person too.

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.
Cannot find the answer you need? No need to open a support case - just CHAT and we’ll handle it for you.
Public