ONTAP Discussions

Cannot Access Ontap Software After performing factory reset

RichardKruz
Dear, I'm new in NetApp Storage we have FAS2020 with 12x2tb hardisk single controller i have an issue accesing the Ontap software after performing the Factory reset ( during the bootup i choose option 4 ). Here's the error from CLI missing /etc/java/rt131.jar
Java virtual machine is inaccesible filler view cannot start until you resolve this problem. , sysconfig : table of valid configurations (etc/sysconfigtab) is missing Thanks in advance sir.
6 REPLIES 6

JGPSHNTAP

A 2020 has been eol for a while now.  I hope you aren't planning putting that in production.  You are talking about a 10yr old system.  There is not even support for this and doesn't even allow any code higher than 7.3.7.

Are you sure it's a 2020?

aborzenkov
In 7G after 4 in special boot menu you need to perform "software update" in Data ONTAP to fill in root volume content. You also need to enter all licenses again - did you record them before wiping your system?

RichardKruz

Sir i have a copy of all the License Key lots of error after restoring the factory deafult using 4 and 4a options during the boot menu see the error below 

AlexDawson

aborzenkov's answer is the right one - perform an ONTAP upgrade to 7.3.7 and the web interface will come back.

7.3.7P1 can be downloaded from http://mysupport.netapp.com/NOW/download/software/ontap/7.3.7P1/download.shtml

RichardKruz

Cannot Access the download site since the Maintenance Agreement was expired 

AlexDawson

Well, that's a problem then. Search your network for a file called "733_setup_e.exe" - that is the installer for the version of ONTAP you are running. You may have a later version downloaded while you had a contract and not applied - that would also work. It would have a similar name - 737_setup_e.exe for example.

Re-apply that to your filer by following the instructions in this post - http://community.netapp.com/t5/OnCommand-Storage-Management-Software-Discussions/FAS270-Web-Interface/m-p/65954/highlight/true#M13715 and it will all work.

If you have no luck finding it - you can still administer it with the CLI over SSH, or you could call up and ask for the price to get it back under support or to download it.

Public