ONTAP Discussions

Change/Edit Timezone for ONTAP

BillClark22

Running v9.6P3.  I'm trying to correctly set the timezone for our NetApp.  I goto Settings\Data and Time and I've tried adding a known internal time server and have also tried a valid external.  After saving and then waiting for 30+ minutes, the time doesn't change and still shows "Etc/UTC" and records time 5 hours ahead of my actual timezone (CST).  This is extremely annoying in logs and viewing snapshots.  How can I correctly set this for my timezone?  Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

TMACMD

The timezone is never set by NTP (at least in ONTAP). It sets the UTC time. Set the TimeZone:

timezone EST5EDT

timezone CST6CDT

timezone MST7MDT

timezone PST8PDT

Those are the CONUS USA Timezones. You want the second one. It should also adjust for Daylight Savings

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

TMACMD

The timezone is never set by NTP (at least in ONTAP). It sets the UTC time. Set the TimeZone:

timezone EST5EDT

timezone CST6CDT

timezone MST7MDT

timezone PST8PDT

Those are the CONUS USA Timezones. You want the second one. It should also adjust for Daylight Savings

BillClark22

@TMACMD That appears to have done the trick.  Thanks!

XBR500

Hi TMACMD, In Ontap 9.1 you could set the timezone in the NTP settings. Sadly it was removed at some point and now it seems it can only be configured in the CLI.

XBR500_0-1657179857569.png

Public