ONTAP Discussions

Communication to remote filer failed Error#13070

PraveenV

Created Vfiler on R1 and configuring dr setup on R2. While the ONTAP command succeded with "vfiler dr configure vfiler@filer" ZAPI call fails with following.

OUTPUT:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8' ?>
<!DOCTYPE netapp SYSTEM '/na_admin/netapp_filer.dtd'>
<netapp version='1.1' xmlns='http://www.netapp.com/filer/admin'>
<results status="failed" errno="13070" reason="Communication to remote filer failed"/></netapp>

Please give directions to troble shoot the problem.

2 REPLIES 2

JGPSHNTAP

If you are using powershell, post the commands you are using to create.  Please sanitize

PraveenV

I am using ZAPI below is the code snippet.

my $zapi = my $self = NaServer->new('netlab102.etc.test.gs.com',  .....);  #R2 host connection using NMSDK 5.3
$zapi->set_style('HOSTS');
$zapi->set_bindings_family('7-MODE');
$zapi->{debug_style} = "NA_PRINT_DONT_PARSE";

$zapi->vfiler_dr_configure('ipaddrs' => { 'ipaddr-info' => {interface => 'ifgrp1', 'ip-address' => '....', 'netmask' => '.... }},

'remote-authentication-info' => {'authentication-info' => { password => <PASSWD>, username => <USERNAME> }},

'remote-vfiler-location' => {'vfiler-location' => {filer => 'netlab101.etc.test.gs.com', vfiler => 'fwlab011vf.etc.test.gs.com'}},

'is-synchronous' => 0, 'use-secure-command-channel' => 1, );

OUTPUT:
Failed vfiler dr, confess(): Communication to remote filer failed (13070) at /...../libs/NetApp/NaServer.pm line 2081

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public