ONTAP Discussions

Compression in-line with FlexArray

Davidroma

I am putting in a customer an FAS with Flexarray to virtualize E-series and EF-series, I understand tha you can activate deduplication an compression in-line but I can not find documentation about it.
do yo know if this is possible and if there is documentation?

thanks you 

1 REPLY 1

Sahana

Hi

Refer 

Compression and Deduplication System Requirements on page 37 in TR: https://www.netapp.com/us/media/tr-4476.pdf

Hardware All FAS and V-Series and FlexArray systems that are supported with clustered Data ONTAP

As the title indicates, this technical report covers Data ONTAP® 8.3.1 and later. For information about implementation with earlier versions of Data ONTAP, refer to:  TR-3505: NetApp Deduplication for FAS and V-Series Deployment and Implementation Guide  TR-3505i: NetApp Deduplication and Data Compression Deployment and Implementation Guide  TR-3958: NetApp Data Compression and Deduplication Deployment and Implementation Guide, Data ONTAP 8.1 Operating in 7-Mode  TR-3966: NetApp Data Compression and Deduplication Deployment and Implementation Guide The same information applies to FAS, V-Series, and NetApp FlexArray® systems, unless otherwise noted. (Links available on page 5 of the TR 4476)

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.
Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public