ONTAP Discussions

Controller Has Only One Cluster LIF event

WAYNEWATKINS

Hello, 

Has anyone seen an event logged before in Unified Manager, in screenshot attached?? Can't quite work out how this is the case and no other alerts were triggered. Basically, the cluster stayed up and healthy. I've seen this event happen on two different customers, coincidentally around the same time.

Only one of the controllers weekly ASUP, the event was triggered on. I can see the cluster, node-mgmt and intercluster LIFs completely vanished but at the same time Cluster health and Cluster Peer health is ok? Post this ASUP collection, the LIFS have re-appeared. Is this an ASUP data collection issue as the events are triggered around the time the nightly ASUPs are collected? Cannot see any other errors. All the physical ports were up and no reports of them being down, though wouldn't expect the LIFs to just disappear and leave the data LIFs listed if physical ports went down?

Haven't spoke to support yet. Just wondered if anyone else has seen this behaviour.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hmoubara

Hello @WAYNEWATKINS

This most likely a false positive alert. i would recommend  acknowledging the alert so it is cleared.

Thanks 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

hmoubara

Hello @WAYNEWATKINS

This most likely a false positive alert. i would recommend  acknowledging the alert so it is cleared.

Thanks 

Public