ONTAP Discussions

Controller replaced shows different data

EdgarG

Hi,

I got a FAS2620 Cluster with 2 nodes, a few weeks ago there was a failure in 1 Controller, it is an old ONTAP 9.3 (don't jude me for this) with external support service, this support replaced the controller with a renewed one and for many reasons we didn't notice the node didn't come back, when we finally can get a login screen by console, Service Processor IP and all data shown was from previous company and running ONTAP 9.7x, after some work I downgrade to ONTAP 9.3P21 but I think the node needs to be rebuild from scratch, the issue is I can't get ONTAP 9.3  version to be in the same version as the cluster does and I can't update the cluster because there is a node missing, besides the node working is sharing data for final users.

I think the only way to get both nodes working as a cluster is backup all data and force an update in the node running 9.3 to 9.3P21 and rebuild the cluster from scratch.

Probably there could be other way so I'm open to any suggestion.

1 REPLY 1

TMACMD

Your are likely going to have many issues. 
did threat third party get you updated license codes for that new motherboard?

you should have been able to install the older image in the replacement node and boot it. 

the effective cluster version is effective until all nodes update

Public