ONTAP Discussions

Could not fetch information about the peer cluster. Reason: entry doesn't exist. Reverse Resync

GHK

Wondering if anyone has run into this issue and so far support has been unable to resolve. We have Our Production side and DR side with Snapmirror set up to DR. If we test a failover that works fine, however, when we try to get everything back to normal and run a reverse resync we get the following error. (Could not fetch information about the peer cluster. Reason: entry doesn't exist.)

We have no issues go from our Prod site to DR site but keep getting this error going from DR back to Prod. 

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ontapforrum

I guess, if the support is already working on this case, they will do their best to resolve this issue. As you said, failover works but it's during the reverse-resync process that this error is posted. I will be curious to know if there are/were any *cpeer* /etc/log/ems messages which might give some indication of any sort of warning or errors.

::> event log show -messagename *cpeer*

Also, does ::> cluster peer show -instance on both source & destination, shows Availability/Authentication as Available/ok? and run this cmd as well ::> cluster peer health show (Share the output if you could)

In the worst case, it may require support to run diagnostic commands to fix/edit some entry in internaldb (I am guessing). Hence, please do let us know once you have this issue sorted and you would like to share the same.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Ontapforrum

I guess, if the support is already working on this case, they will do their best to resolve this issue. As you said, failover works but it's during the reverse-resync process that this error is posted. I will be curious to know if there are/were any *cpeer* /etc/log/ems messages which might give some indication of any sort of warning or errors.

::> event log show -messagename *cpeer*

Also, does ::> cluster peer show -instance on both source & destination, shows Availability/Authentication as Available/ok? and run this cmd as well ::> cluster peer health show (Share the output if you could)

In the worst case, it may require support to run diagnostic commands to fix/edit some entry in internaldb (I am guessing). Hence, please do let us know once you have this issue sorted and you would like to share the same.

Public