ONTAP Discussions

Create NFS volume with REST API Python library

mountaint31

Hi,

I would like some help in figuring out how to create NFS volumes using netapp_ontap python library. I usually use the command line to provision new volumes with the likes of this:

vol create -vserver $vserver -volume $volume -aggregate $aggr -size $size -state online -policy $policy_name -unix-permissions ---rwxr-xr-x -type RW -snapshot-policy none -user 0 -group 0 -security-style unix -junction-path /$volume -autosize-grow-threshold-percent 10% -autosize-mode grow -space-guarantee none -percent-snapshot-space 0% -language C.UTF-8 -nvfail off -caching-policy auto -encrypt false -tiering-policy snapshot-only;

volume qtree create -vserver $vserver -volume $volume -qtree $short_name -security-style unix -oplock-mode enable -unix-permissions ---rwxr-xr-x -export-policy $policy_name

I've been trying to map all those options in REST API but failing to do so after looking into docs for awhile. I see generic examples that show basic volume creation but not all those options.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public