The transition to NetApp MS Azure AD B2C is complete. If you missed the pre-registration, you will be invited to reigister at next log in.
Please note that access to your NetApp data may take up to 1 hour.
To learn more, read the FAQ and watch the video.
Need assistance? Complete this form and select “Registration Issue” as the Feedback Category.

ONTAP Discussions

Create new user with a new role

JuanCarlosrl

Hi, 

In the storage when I want to register a new user, only 4 roles appear (admin, none, readonly and backup) but I need a user role so that I only have the possibility of creating / deleting and modifying quotas.

I have seen the following information to create new roles

https://docs.netapp.com/ocsc-41/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.netapp.doc.ocsc-isg%2FGUID-D39A6ACE-D69D-4470-ABE4-A63A7803E880.html

but I have not found any option -cmddirname of type quota, is there that possibility?

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

darb0505

Hi @JuanCarlosrl ,

Based on what you are describing it sounds like you want to create a custom role for users to just create/modify/delete quotas.

You can reference the following links:

I believe the command you are looking for will be similar to this:

security login role create -role (rolename) -cmddirname "volume quota" -access (all,none,readonly)

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks

Team NetApp

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

darb0505

Hi @JuanCarlosrl ,

Based on what you are describing it sounds like you want to create a custom role for users to just create/modify/delete quotas.

You can reference the following links:

I believe the command you are looking for will be similar to this:

security login role create -role (rolename) -cmddirname "volume quota" -access (all,none,readonly)

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks

Team NetApp

View solution in original post

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public