ONTAP Discussions

Download Ontap 9.7P4

santunez_cl

Hello Guys

Any question. I need download Ontap 9.7P4 but is not available.

There is a reason why it is no longer available?

Regards

Sebastian Antunez

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

andris

Based on this feedback, the text in the pulldown combo box has been clarified (hopefully).

Select listed version or enter another

https://mysupport.netapp.com/site/products/all/details/ontap9/downloads-tab

andris_0-1598572830880.png

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

TMACMD

Well...if it's not available, I suspect NetApp found a bug or more they do not want being exposed.

In other words, they do not want anyone running that particular release. 

Move to 9.7P6. All bug fixes anyway

keitha

Is there a reason you need P4 specifically? You should still be able to get it by typing it into the version box (rather than just using the drop down). I suspect the recommendation is to use P5 if P4 was taken off the drop down.

santunez_cl

Hello

The version is not available in the list.

A client needs this version as it is the version approved at the corporate level.

All his equipment has this version so he needed to download.

Thanks

Sebastian

keitha

If you just type in "9.7P4" you don't get the option to download it? I do but it could be because I am an employee. You may need to connect with the account SE to pull that version down or perhaps open a non technical case to get access to the code along with perhaps why it was pulled. 

paul_stejskal

I can confirm that if you type it in, it works, but it isn't in the dropdown. That is bizarre. @andris  is this something you can follow up on?

If you can't get it to work, please let us know and we will work to help you out further.

andris

It is "working as designed".  If you are looking for a specific version, you just type it in.
The support site redesign tries to avoid long dropdown lists - it limits the list to recommended releases.

paul_stejskal
Ah ok. Maybe there could be a statement there saying such? It's not obvious and is causing confusion.

andris

I'm not sure what could be done to improve clarity. After all, the pulldown box does say "Type/Select Version".

paul_stejskal
It isn't clear that the dropdowns will be incomplete. I was confused by that as well, so some verbiage similar to "the dropdown below may not have your specific version. If you need a specific version, type it in below."

andris

Based on this feedback, the text in the pulldown combo box has been clarified (hopefully).

Select listed version or enter another

https://mysupport.netapp.com/site/products/all/details/ontap9/downloads-tab

andris_0-1598572830880.png

Public