ONTAP Discussions

Error Create SVM NFS

Sebastian_Antunez

Hello

In a Storage with Ontap 9.11.1, when creating SVM I get the following message

Job ID Failed due to the following reason: LIF "lif_svm0_685" could not be created because no suitable home port could be found. "Use the" network port show -node node-name "command to review available home ports, then try the command again with the" -home-port "argument specified.

I have not been able to solve it, could someone tell me how to solve it

Thanks

Sebastian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Migo

Seems you have chosen a Broadcast Domain with no active (up) ports in it.

While creating the SVM, you have to choose a Broadcast Domain (the default might not be correct)

Check with CLI if you have active ports in your chosen Broadcast Domain:

Cluster::> broadcast-domain show // To see which ports are in the Broadcast Domain
Cluster::> network port show

Check if the ports are:

1. not in the "Cluster" IPspace,

2. In the Broadcast Domain (you should have at least one port from each controller in the same Broadcast Domain

3. The ports have "Link up" and Health Status "healthy"

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Ontapforrum

I see similar query raised before as well.

Solved: Error create SVM - NetApp Community

From the query it looks like you are creating - New SVM?

From the GUI, under Storage SVMs, when you click "Add" (Don't select Manage Administrator Account)- Just click 'Save'. 

Please note - SVM management LIFs can be created only on data ports. Check if there are suitable data ports ? For NAS (NFS/CIFS), you don't need SVM Management LIFs anyway.

Once SVM is created, from the GUI - | Under Network | Overview | Click - Add interface, try adding NFS LIF.

From CLI: You can also try these command

::> network interface create -vserver svm0 -lif <nfs_lif_name> -data-protocol nfs -address x.x.x.x -netmask x.x.x.x -home-node <press tab> -home-port <press tab>

::> network port show -fields node,port,health-status

Migo

Seems you have chosen a Broadcast Domain with no active (up) ports in it.

While creating the SVM, you have to choose a Broadcast Domain (the default might not be correct)

Check with CLI if you have active ports in your chosen Broadcast Domain:

Cluster::> broadcast-domain show // To see which ports are in the Broadcast Domain
Cluster::> network port show

Check if the ports are:

1. not in the "Cluster" IPspace,

2. In the Broadcast Domain (you should have at least one port from each controller in the same Broadcast Domain

3. The ports have "Link up" and Health Status "healthy"

Public